Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sept 2nd

Sorry for the hiatus, I went on a trip to Egypt (and yes I will write about it!) and got out of the habit of updating.
This will be the last of the one per day posts, from now on updates will be about just the big events/holidays/fun things that happen.

Today was fairly uneventful, though we did have a meeting with a lady from Masa Israel. Masa is a program dedicated to helping bring people to Israel for long-term programs (5-10 months). Otzma is a Masa program, so the representative came to see how we were doing and see if we had any input on how our program is going so far.
After the meeting with our representative we headed over to the Ulpan building for testing. None of us knew what exactly this would entail, we were nervous since we did not want to get placed into the wrong Hebrew class! For my test I walked in and sat down with a woman in one of the classrooms. She asked me if I knew any Hebrew and I truthfully told her that I do not know very much, just what I learned through Rosetta stone. She then proceeded to ask me about my Alef Bet (which I do know) and then if I could spell out words if they are said to me. I told her that I could and she thanked me for my time.
After I walked out of the test I was told by my fellow Otzmanikim that they were having some trouble since they had so many more people in Kitah Alef than Bet (Alef is the 1st level, Bet is 2nd) and I started to worry that they were searching for a reason to place me in it. Gosh I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment